Maurice Saylor, music librarian, and Rachel Barham, music library technician, have published an article in the latest CUA Magazine about our research into the historic music of CUA.
Read the article:
Visit our Historic Music of CUA website, where you can hear songs and see scores:
Mark your calendars for Sunday, Feb. 12, 2012, at 3:00p.m., for a musical-theatrical revue called Songs of Old CUA, featuring CUA’s historic music performed by students from the School of Music!
Our research guides are designed to help you find useful resources in your subject area. We have online guides for Composition/Theory, Conducting, Instrumental Performance, Keyboard Performance & Pedagogy, Latin American Studies, Music (General), Music Education, Music Research, Music Theatre, Sacred/Choral Music, and Vocal Performance.
Click here to explore!
The link can is always on our website under Subject Guides in Music.
Did you know that you can set up e-mail notifications that let you know when new issues of your favorite journals are avaialable? It’s easy to do! Just follow these instructions:
- Go to ProQuest Advanced Search.
- Search for the title of the journal and select “Publication title” from the drop down menu.
- On the results page, click “Set Up Alert” and complete and submit the form.
Now, whenever that search generates new results, ProQuest will send you an e-mail to let you know.
Great News Android Users: you can now access the Naxos Music Library with a convenient app! Set up is easy and takes only a few moments to complete. Just follow the instructions below:
1. From any computer, visit http://proxy.aladin.wrlc.org/culogin/naxos/. If you are off campus, this will require a log in using your student ID and last name.
2. Navigate to the Playlists tab and sign up for a Student/Member Playlist Account. You will receive a confirmation e-mail to the e-mail address you used to sign up. Click the link in the e-mail to confirm your account.
3. Download and login to the Naxos Music Library app for Android. The login you created for your Student/Member Playlist Account will be your login for the app as well.
4. Any playlist in your personal folder or your institution’s folder will be available, in addition to all of our Naxos-created playlists. You can also browse and stream the full NML–from New Releases and Recent Additions to any recording from any label–anytime, anywhere.
5. Don’t forget to LOG OUT when you are finished so other CUA users may access Naxos.