Please join us for a series of programs marking
OPEN FOR COLLABORATION
KEYNOTE ADDRESS: How Open Access Benefits Faculty + Research
Tuesday, October 13 • 11:00 AM • Great Room A, Edward J. Pryzbyla University Center
Learn about the experiences at universities that have adopted an open access policy.
- Dr. Steven Lerman, Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs, George Washington University
- Geneva Henry, University Librarian and Vice Provost for Libraries, George Washington University
PRESENTATION: Institutional Repositories
Tuesday, October 20 • 4:00 PM • May Gallery, Mullen Library
Consider the impacts of institutional repositories and how they affect faculty and student contributors.
- Terry Owen, Digital Scholarship Librarian, Digital Repository at the University of Maryland (DRUM)
PANEL DISCUSSION: Scholarly Publishing and the Open Access Ecosystem
Wednesday, October 28 • 6:30 PM • Pearl Bailey Room, Busboys & Poets (Brookland)
What do scholarly authors and researchers need to know?
- Dr. Rikk Mulligan, ACLS Public Fellow and Program Officer for Scholarly Publishing, Association of Research Libraries
- Dr. Trevor Lipscombe, Director, The Catholic University of America Press
- Dr. James Greene, Vice Provost and Dean of Graduate Studies, The Catholic University of America
- Dr. Jennifer Paxton, Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of History, and Assistant Director, Honors Program, The Catholic University of America
These events are open to the public. No R.S.V.P. required. Please contact Kim Hoffman at email@example.com at least one week prior to the event to request disability accommodations. In all situations, a good faith effort (up until the time of the event) will be made to provide accommodations.