During the Christmas break work will begin to create a larger group study space by merging the study rooms adjacent to Stacks 2 Center.
At the heart of Mullen Library, this area will be improved to restore original continuity, both visual and circulatory, between the front of the building and the Stacks. With views of the Stacks and both courtyards, this re-unified room will provide a unique intellectually inspiring group work space.
Unfortunately we will no longer offer a dedicated graduate study space. However, silent study space can be found in the third floor reading rooms where fifty-nine new carrels were installed last year.
The work to be done includes:
- Interior partitions removed between the graduate study room, the group study room and the Stacks;
- New lighting and relocation of electric outlets;
- Carrels to the first floor Reference Room;
- Group study tables from the Reference Room to the new space;
- New carpeting; and
- Wall repairs and painting.
We expect the room to re-open shortly after the start of the Spring semester.